So after a second nomination for this elusive award I decided to find out what it’s really about. It’s basically an “award” given to new bloggers by new bloggers and it’s a great way of highlighting blogs with under 200 followers and spreading the news of your wonderful blog! There is no physical award as such, but there is the nice fuzzy feeling of knowing someone is really enjoying reading your ramblings and would like to share your readings with other people!
So thank you neotricwool and Jenna Makes Things for the nominations!
So the rules are:
1. Post eleven facts about myself
2. Answer the questions given to me by the person who nominated me
3. Invent eleven questions to ask people whom I wish to nominate for the award
4. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link to them in my post.
5. Go to their blog and tell them.
11 Facts About Me!
- I’m from and live in Waterford in the “sunny” south-east of Ireland
- I have a beautiful daughter named Saoirse who’ll be 5 this June. (I’m sure I’ll have her modelling some things for the shop soon!)
- I returned to college in September 2012 to finish out my Bachelor of Arts in Music.
- As well as knitting and crocheting I play the clarinet and piano (hence the music degree!)
- I have a little cat named Lola, although she’s called Little Cat more than she’s called Lola as she does many big cat things despite only being an ickle cat. ( You can see her sneaking her way into some of my blog posts)
- It’s my birthday Saturday week! Whoo hoo to getting older! But I will be playing a concert that night so the celebrations of surviving another year will be kept to the minimum
- Springtime is probably my favourite time of year (when we actually get spring like weather here that is, we’re lacking in it at the moment!) I love seeing all the new growth and the little baby lambs who’ll be turned into jumpers bouncing around the place and colours starting to pop up here and there.
- I love tea..A lot..You can’t beat a good cupa tae
- I do not like housework. I like a tidy house but not the process of attaining one.
- I took up knitting when my daughter was born in 2008 and a couple of years later I tried my hand at crochet. I’m very much a knitter who does a bit of crochet rather than being equally adept in both! But I do enjoy both.
- I also love my bed and am not a big fan of getting out of it on cold wet mornings. Luckily this morning was not one of those mornings!
Question Time For Me!
1. What is your typical Wednesday night like? Wednesday’s for me are long long days. After college I have orchestra rehearsal which finishes at 7. Then I’m home, get my daughter to bed, that’s all done and dusted by 8. Then I throw something quick together to eat and have a well deserved cup of tea. Then I finally get to sit down and unwind for a bit with a bit of knitting before collapsing into bed!
2. Where would you like to travel to? This is a very long list! Even just the list of places in Ireland that I’d like to visit is long enough. So for now let’s just say everywhere. 🙂
3. What is smell that reminds you of your childhood? What snack do most often reach for? That’s a tricky one. Might have to come back to you on that! Is chocolate considered a snack?
5. What is your favourite store? Deramores. Online Yarn Store. Enough said 🙂
6. If you could have any occupation besides the one you have now, what would it be? I don’t really have an occupation. Is “a student who moonlights as a knitter” considered an occupation?
7. What is your favourite book? Very very tricky one. I’ve a lot of favourite books. I guess “Lord of the Rings”.I also love stitch pattern dictionaries being the yarn nerd that I am 🙂
8. Cats or dogs? Both but I have a cat 🙂
9. What action or moment in your life are you most proud of? My daughter. 🙂 Not an action or a moment but an amalgamation of many moments and action that I’m very proud of. If I say so myself, I’m not doing a bad job at raising her 🙂
10. Who is the main person you lean on in life? My lovely boyfriend 🙂
11. What is your favourite article of clothing? I don’t have one favourite, I’ve a number of casual dresses that I love equally.
Question Time For You!
- Tea or Coffee?
- What do you do to unwind every evening?
- Do you have any pets?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s your favourite type of music?
- Do you have any favourite colour combinations?
- In a nutshell, what is your blog about?
- Are you in school? College? Working? Where do you work or what are you studying?
- Any favourite foods?
- What’s your favourite time of year?
- What makes your blog different?
Nominations! ( In no particular order)
- YuLian Knits
- Holly Chase Designs
- Whipped-Stitch Witchery
- Stitch and Purl
- The Secret Life of Yarn
- Handmade Homeschool
- Knit me This
- Chronicles of a Fiber Engineer
- bmore crafty